On 18 March 1881, Ormond was officially opened by the Governor of Victoria, at a ceremony attended by over 400 people.
Ormond's magnificent neo-gothic Dining Hall has been a centre of College life for over 125 years. It is often compared to a similar room in the Harry Potter series, with this similarity no coincidence.
Francis Ormond was a self-made man who used his wealth to create educational opportunities for men, women and children from all walks of life.
From the first meal of bread and cheese in 1881 through many roasts, puddings and soups, the history of dining at Ormond tells us much about food in Australia in the last 140 years.
A disproportionate number of Ormondians have competed at the Olympics, with many others contributing their medical, umpiring or administrative skills to the Games.
A celebration of Ormond's long tradition of outstanding drama productions.
Thought to be the College's longest ever resident, George Mounsey lived at Ormond for sixty-five years.
Ormond and its neighbours have changed enormously since 1956, from the creation of St Hilda’s College next door to new Graduate and Wade Institute Buildings at Ormond.
An academic community at heart, the achievements of Ormond scholars have long been celebrated by the community.
Rowing has been part of Ormond life since 1881, with the annual Intercollegiate Rowing Regatta still a keenly contest event.
The College's Indigenous Art Collection began thanks to a bequest from Robin Sharwood, and includes works from all over Australia.
Learning has long been a central part of College life, and with that has come the need for a library.